Welcome to Turing Video, Inc. (“Turing Video,” “we” and “us”). Please read on to learn the rules and restrictions that govern your use of our website(s), products, services and applications (the “Services”), including, without limitation, any request to receive information about, or to purchase any of the products made available through our website(s) (each, a “Product”). Your purchase of any Products will also be governed by any other terms made available by us to you during the sales process.
Please note that the Services are currently only available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 18 and older. You may not use the Services if you are under the age of 18 or not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding these terms or the Services, please contact us at:
Phone: (866) 816-7426
Address: 1730 South El Camino Real, Suite 350 San Mateo, California 94402
Please read these Terms carefully.
They cover important information about Services provided to you and any charges, taxes, and fees we bill you.
These Terms include information about future changes to these Terms , automatic renewals , limitations of liability , a class action waiver, resolution of disputes by arbitration instead of in court and a consent and written release for collection, use, disclosure and storage of biometric information . PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO OUR SERVICES ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS; IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER.
ARBITRATION NOTICE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER: EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT SECTION BELOW , YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
Will these Terms ever change?
We are constantly trying to improve our Products and Services, so these Terms may need to change along with our Products and Services. We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time, but if we do, we will place a notice on our site located at https://turingvideo.com/, send you an email, and/or notify you by some other means.
If you don’t agree with the new Terms, you are free to reject them; unfortunately, that means you will no longer be able to use the Services. If you use the Services in any way after a change to the Terms is effective, that means you agree to all of the changes.
Except for changes by us as described here, no other amendment or modification of these Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by both you and us.
What about my privacy?
The Services are based in the United States and provide for access and use only by persons located in the United States. You are not permitted to access or use the Services outside of the United States. If you access the Services outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age; if you are a child under 13 years of age, please do not attempt to register for or otherwise use the Services or send us any personal information. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 years of age may have provided us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the basics of using Turing Video?
You may be required to sign up for an account, select a password and user name (“Turing Video User ID”), and provide us with certain information or data, such as your contact information. You promise to provide us with accurate, complete, and updated registration information about yourself. You may not select as your Turing Video User ID a name that you do not have the right to use, or another person’s name with the intent to impersonate that person. You may not transfer your account to anyone else without our prior written permission.
You represent and warrant that you are an individual of legal age to form a binding contract. If you’re agreeing to these Terms on behalf of an organization or entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to agree to these Terms on that organization’s or entity’s behalf and bind them to these Terms (in which case, the references to “you” and “your” in these Terms, except for in this sentence, refer to that organization or entity).
You will only use the Services and Products you obtain for your own internal, personal, non-commercial use, and not on behalf of or for the benefit of any third party, and only in a manner that complies with all laws that apply to you. If your use of the Services or Products is prohibited by applicable laws, then you aren’t authorized to use the Services. We can’t and won’t be responsible for your using the Services or Products in a way that breaks the law.
You will not share your Turing Video User ID, account or password with anyone, and you must protect the security of your Turing Video User ID, account, password and any other access tools or credentials. You’re responsible for any activity associated with your Turing Video User ID and account.
No Medical Advice; Not for Emergencies
You understand that any decisions made by you or a third party as a result of your use of the Services, for example allowing or denying you access to facilities, are made by you or that third party and not by Turing Video. TURING VIDEO DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCH DECISIONS AND THE CONSEQUENCES THEY MAY HAVE ON YOU.
Turing Video does not offer medical advice or diagnoses, or engage in the practice of medicine. The Services are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The Services are not intended to be, and must not be taken to be, the practice of medicine, nursing, pharmacy or other healthcare advice. The Services are not meant to diagnose or treat COVID-19 or any other any conditions – only your medical professional can determine the right course of treatment for you and determine what is safe, appropriate and effective based on your needs. Reliance on any information provided by Turing Video or in connection with the Services is solely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for any decisions or actions you take based on the information and materials available through the Services. TURING VIDEO DOES NOT GUARANTEE, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO, THE ACCURACY OF THE RESULT OF USING THE SERVICES AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU ARE SAFE FROM INFECTION OR ANY OTHER MEDICAL CONDITION BY USING THE SERVICES OR VISITING FACILITIES THAT USE THE SERVICES.
THE SERVICES SHOULD NEVER BE USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANCE OR EMERGENCY CARE. IF YOU HAVE A MEDICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD SEEK EMERGENCY TREATMENT AT THE NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM OR DIAL 911. NEITHER TURING VIDEO NOR ITS PERSONNEL ARE LICENSED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS.
What about messaging?
As part of the Services, you may receive communications through the Services, including messages that Turing Video sends you (for example, via email). When signing up for the Services, you will receive a welcome message and instructions on how to stop receiving messages.
Are there restrictions in how I can use the Services?
You represent, warrant, and agree that you will not contribute any Content (as defined below) or otherwise use the Services or interact with the Services in a manner that:
- (a) infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else (including Turing Video);
- (b) violates any law or regulation, including, without limitation, any applicable export control laws, privacy laws or any other purpose not reasonably intended by Turing Video;
- (c) is dangerous, harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
- (d) jeopardizes the security of your Turing Video User ID, account or anyone else’s (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Services as you);
- (e) attempts, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user;
- (f) violates the security of any computer network, or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes;
- (g) runs Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged into the Services, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Services (including by placing an unreasonable load on the Services’ infrastructure);
- (h) “crawls,” “scrapes,” or “spiders” any page, data, or portion of or relating to the Services or Content (through use of manual or automated means);
- (i) copies or stores any significant portion of the Content; or
- (j) decompiles, reverse engineers, or otherwise attempts to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Products or Services.
A violation of any of the foregoing is grounds for termination of your right to use or access the Services.
What are my rights in the Services?
The materials displayed or performed or available on or through the Services, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, data, articles, photos, images, illustrations and so forth (all of the foregoing, the “Content”) are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws. You promise to abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content you access through the Services, and you won’t use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell, commercialize or otherwise exploit for any purpose any Content not owned by you, (i) without the prior consent of the owner of that Content or (ii) in a way that violates someone else’s (including Turing Video’s) rights.
Subject to these Terms, we grant each user of the Services a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use (i.e., to download and display locally) Content solely for purposes of using the Services. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for any purpose other than using the Services is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from us. You understand that Turing Video owns the Services. You won’t modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as expressly provided in this Section), create derivative works based on, or otherwise exploit any of the Services. The Services may allow you to copy or download certain Content, but please remember that even where these functionalities exist, all the restrictions in this section still apply.
Who is responsible for what I see and do on the Services?
Any information or Content publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Services is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated, and you access all such information and Content at your own risk, and we aren’t liable for any errors or omissions in that information or Content or for any damages or loss you might suffer in connection with it. We cannot control and have no duty to take any action regarding how you may interpret and use the Content or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content, and you hereby release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. We can’t guarantee the identity of any users with whom you interact in using the Services and are not responsible for which users gain access to the Services.
You are responsible for all Content you contribute, in any manner, to the Services, and you represent and warrant you have all rights necessary to do so, in the manner in which you contribute it.
The Services may contain links or connections to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Turing Video. When you access third-party websites or use third-party services, you accept that there are risks in doing so, and that Turing Video is not responsible for such risks.
If there is a dispute between participants on this site or Services, or between users and any third party, you agree that Turing Video is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you release Turing Video, its directors, officers, employees, agents, and successors from claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our Services. You shall and hereby do waive California Civil Code Section 1542 or any similar law of any jurisdiction, which says in substance: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
Will Turing Video ever change the Services?
We’re always trying to improve our Products and Services, so they may change over time. We may suspend or discontinue any part of the Services, or we may introduce new features or impose limits on certain features or restrict access to parts or all of the Services. We’ll try to give you notice when we make a material change to the Services that would adversely affect you, but this isn’t always practical. We reserve the right to remove any Content from the Services at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, if someone alleges you contributed that Content in violation of these Terms), in our sole discretion, and without notice.
Do the Services cost anything?
You may choose to purchase Products through the https://turingvideo.com/ website. Turing Video may limit or cancel quantities of Products purchased, and it reserves the right to refuse any order. In the event Turing Video needs to make a change to an order, it will attempt to notify you by contacting the email address, billing address, and/or phone number provided at the time the order was made. The prices displayed are quoted in U.S. currency and are valid only in the United States. Prices are subject to change at any time. Sales tax will be determined by the shipping address of the order and will automatically be added to the order. Turing Video is required by law to apply sales tax to orders to certain states. Purchased Products will be shipped to the shipping address of the order. Information about our shipping rates, return policy and limited warranty can all be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page . Any payment terms presented to you in the process of purchasing Products are deemed part of these Terms.
- b. Payment Method. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. If we, through the Payment Processor, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand.
- c. Recurring Billing. Some of the Products may be sold as a subscription, consisting of an initial period for which there is a one-time charge, followed by recurring period charges for additional Products as agreed to by you (“Paid Subscription”). By choosing a Paid Subscription, you acknowledge that such Services have an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. WE MAY SUBMIT PERIODIC CHARGES (E.G., MONTHLY) WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE PRIOR NOTICE (RECEIPT OF WHICH IS CONFIRMED BY US) THAT YOU HAVE TERMINATED THIS AUTHORIZATION OR WISH TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES SUBMITTED BEFORE WE REASONABLY COULD ACT. TO TERMINATE YOUR AUTHORIZATION OR CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD, GO TO ACCOUNT SETTINGS .
- d. Current Information Required. YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT. YOU MUST PROMPTLY UPDATE ALL INFORMATION TO KEEP YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE (SUCH AS A CHANGE IN BILLING ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD NUMBER, OR CREDIT CARD EXPIRATION DATE), AND YOU MUST PROMPTLY NOTIFY US OR OUR PAYMENT PROCESSOR IF YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS CANCELED (E.G., FOR LOSS OR THEFT) OR IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF A POTENTIAL BREACH OF SECURITY, SUCH AS THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD. CHANGES TO SUCH INFORMATION CAN BE MADE AT ACCOUNT SETTINGS . IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE ANY OF THE FOREGOING INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY CONTINUE CHARGING YOU FOR ANY USE OF PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS UNDER YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE TERMINATED YOUR PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS AS SET FORTH ABOVE.
- e. Change in Amount Authorized. If the amount to be charged to your Billing Account varies from the amount you preauthorized (other than due to the imposition or change in the amount of state sales taxes), you have the right to receive, and we shall provide, notice of the amount to be charged and the date of the charge before the scheduled date of the transaction. Any agreement you have with your payment provider will govern your use of your Payment Method. You agree that we may accumulate charges incurred and submit them as one or more aggregate charges, including during or at the end of each billing cycle.
- f. (Reserved.)
- g. Reaffirmation of Authorization. Your non-termination or continued use of a Paid Subscription reaffirms that we are authorized to charge your Payment Method for that Paid Subscription. We may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially selected to use the Paid Subscription.
- h. Free Trials and Other Promotions. Any free trial or other promotion that provides access to free Products or free Paid Subscriptions must be used within the specified time of the trial. You must stop using a Paid Subscription before the end of the trial period in order to avoid being charged for that Paid Subscription. If you cancel prior to the end of the trial period and are inadvertently charged for a Paid Subscription, please contact us at email@example.com.
What if I want to stop using the Services?
Turing Video is also free to terminate (or suspend access to) your use of the Services or your account for any reason in our discretion, including your breach of these Terms. Turing Video has the sole right to decide whether you are in violation of any of the restrictions set forth in these Terms.
Account termination may result in destruction of any Content associated with your account, so keep that in mind before you decide to terminate your account.
If you have deleted your account by mistake, contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org – we will try to help, but unfortunately, we can’t promise that we can recover or restore anything.
Provisions that, by their nature, should survive termination of these Terms shall survive termination. By way of example, all of the following will survive termination: any obligation you have to pay us or indemnify us, any limitations on our liability, any terms regarding ownership or intellectual property rights, and terms regarding disputes between us, including without limitation the arbitration agreement.
What about Mobile Applications?
I use the Turing Video App available via the Apple App Store – should I know anything about that?
These Terms apply to your use of all the Services, including our iOS applications (the “Application”) available via the Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) App Store, but the following additional terms also apply to the Application:
- (a) Both you and Turing Video acknowledge that the Terms are concluded between you and Turing Video only, and not with Apple, and that Apple is not responsible for the Application or the Content;
- (b) The Application is licensed to you on a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable basis, solely to be used in connection with the Services for your private, personal, non-commercial use, subject to all the terms and conditions of these Terms as they are applicable to the Services;
- (c) You will only use the Application in connection with an Apple device that you own or control;
- (d) You acknowledge and agree that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application;
- (e) In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, including those implied by law, you may notify Apple of such failure; upon notification, Apple’s sole warranty obligation to you will be to refund to you the purchase price, if any, of the Application;
- (f) You acknowledge and agree that Turing Video, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have in relation to the Application;
- (g) You acknowledge and agree that, in the event of any third-party claim that the Application or your possession and use of the Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Turing Video, and not Apple, will be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such infringement claim;
- (h) You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and that you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
- (i) Both you and Turing Video acknowledge and agree that, in your use of the Application, you will comply with any applicable third-party terms of agreement which may affect or be affected by such use; and
- (j) Both you and Turing Video acknowledge and agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as the third-party beneficiary hereof.
What else do I need to know?
Limited Warranty. Specific Product purchased from Turing Video is subject to the Turing 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty available here (the “Limited Warranty”).
Warranty Disclaimer. Except to the extent expressly and directly in conflict with the terms set forth in the Limited Warranty, Turing Video and its licensors, suppliers, partners, parent, subsidiaries or affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, consultants, contract employees, representatives and agents, and each of their respective successors and assigns (Turing Video and all such parties together, the “Turing Video Parties”) make no representations or warranties concerning the Services, including without limitation regarding any Content contained in or accessed through the Services or any Products, and the Turing Video Parties will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Services or any claims, actions, suits procedures, costs, expenses, damages or liabilities arising out of use of, or in any way related to your participation in, the Services. The Turing Video Parties make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy of the result of the Services or the safety of any facilities that use the Services. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT EXPRESSLY AND DIRECTLY IN CONFLICT WITH THE TERMS SET FORTH IN THE LIMITED WARRANTY, THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED BY TURING VIDEO (AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS) ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE) SHALL ANY OF THE TURING VIDEO PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, (B) ANY SUBSTITUTE GOODS, SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY, (C) ANY AMOUNT, IN THE AGGREGATE, IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OF (I) ONE-HUNDRED ($100) DOLLARS OR (II) THE AMOUNTS PAID AND/OR PAYABLE BY YOU TO TURING VIDEO IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THIS APPLICABLE CLAIM OR (D) ANY MATTER BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL OR CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Indemnity. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, you agree to indemnify and hold the Turing Video Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages (actual and consequential), losses and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in any way related to any claims relating to (a) your use of the Services (including any actions taken by a third party using your account) and any Products, and (b) your violation of these Terms. In the event of such a claim, suit, or action (“Claim”), we will attempt to provide notice of the Claim to the contact information we have for your account (provided that failure to deliver such notice shall not eliminate or reduce your indemnification obligations hereunder).
Assignment. You may not assign, delegate or transfer these Terms or your rights or obligations hereunder, or your Services account, in any way (by operation of law or otherwise) without Turing Video’s prior written consent. We may transfer, assign, or delegate these Terms and our rights and obligations without consent.
Choice of Law. These Terms are governed by and will be construed under the Federal Arbitration Act, applicable federal law, and the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof.
Arbitration Agreement. Please read the following ARBITRATION AGREEMENT carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with Turing Video and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from Turing Video. Both you and Turing Video acknowledge and agree that for the purposes of any dispute arising out of or relating to the subject matter of these Terms, Turing Video’s officers, directors, employees and independent contractors (“Personnel”) are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that upon your acceptance of these Terms, Personnel will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as the third-party beneficiary hereof.
- (a) Arbitration Rules; Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. The parties shall use their best efforts to settle any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement arising out of or relating to the subject matter of these Terms directly through good-faith negotiations, which shall be a precondition to either party initiating arbitration. If such negotiations do not resolve the dispute, it shall be finally settled by binding arbitration in San Francisco County, California. The arbitration will proceed in the English language, in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (the “Rules”) then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes. The arbitrator shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with such Rules. Judgment upon the award rendered by such arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- (b) Costs of Arbitration. The Rules will govern payment of all arbitration fees. Turing Video will pay all arbitration fees for claims less than seventy-five thousand ($75,000) dollars. Turing Video will not seek its attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines that your claim is frivolous.
- (c) Small Claims Court; Infringement. Either you or Turing Video may assert claims, if they qualify, in small claims court in San Francisco County, California or any United States county where you live or work. Furthermore, notwithstanding the foregoing obligation to arbitrate disputes, each party shall have the right to pursue injunctive or other equitable relief at any time, from any court of competent jurisdiction, to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights.
- (d) Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND TURING VIDEO WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR JURY. You and Turing Video are instead choosing to have claims and disputes resolved by arbitration. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient, and less costly than rules applicable in court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In any litigation between you and Turing Video over whether to vacate or enforce an arbitration award, YOU AND TURING VIDEO WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, and elect instead to have the dispute be resolved by a judge.
- (e) Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS. CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. If however, this waiver of class or consolidated actions is deemed invalid or unenforceable, neither you nor Turing Video is entitled to arbitration; instead all claims and disputes will be resolved in a court as set forth in (g) below.
- (f) Opt-out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Section by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to the following address: 1730 South El Camino Real, Suite 350 San Mateo, California 94402 postmarked within thirty (30) days of first accepting these Terms. You must include (i) your name and residence address, (ii) the email address and/or telephone number associated with your account, and (iii) a clear statement that you want to opt out of these Terms’ arbitration agreement.
- (g) Exclusive Venue. If you send the opt-out notice in (f), and/or in any circumstances where the foregoing arbitration agreement permits either you or Turing Video to litigate any dispute arising out of or relating to the subject matter of these Terms in court, then the foregoing arbitration agreement will not apply to either party, and both you and Turing Video agree that any judicial proceeding (other than small claims actions) will be brought in the state or federal courts located in, respectively, San Francisco County, California, or the federal district in which that county falls.
- (h) Severability. If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above is found to be unenforceable, then all of the preceding language in this Arbitration Agreement section will be null and void. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Turing Video.
Miscellaneous. You will be responsible for paying, withholding, filing, and reporting all taxes, duties, and other governmental assessments associated with your activity in connection with the Services, provided that the Turing Video may, in its sole discretion, do any of the foregoing on your behalf or for itself as it sees fit. The failure of either you or us to exercise, in any way, any right herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of these Terms are found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated, to the minimum extent necessary, so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. You and Turing Video agree that these Terms are the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding between you and Turing Video, and that these Terms supersede and cancel all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of these Terms. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you are not an employee, agent, partner, or joint venture of Turing Video, and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Turing Video in any respect whatsoever.
Except as expressly set forth in the sections above regarding the Apple Application and the arbitration agreement, you and Turing Video agree there are no third-party beneficiaries intended under these Terms.
Consent and Written Release for Collection, Use, Disclosure and Storage of Biometric Information
You can request deletion of any biometric information and associated user account information at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. If you request deletion of your biometric information we will not be able to recover it at a later point. In any event, if you are an Illinois resident, we will permanently delete your biometric information by the earlier of: (i) the time at which the purpose for which we collected it has been satisfied; or (ii) three years after your last interaction with the Services.