Next-Gen Occupancy Management & Alerts
Ensure your customer and visitor safety
Reduce operating costs and improve efficiencies
Trusted by 1,000+ Enterprise Customers
Over 10,000+ Sensors Deployed in the U.S.
Turing People Count is an AI-enabled occupancy alert and management solution that helps businesses and organizations to seamlessly count people (customers, visitors, employees) accurately as they move through any entry point or space. It allows businesses and organizations to adhere to the ever-changing occupancy regulations, boost their customer and visitor safety, and make better decisions that reduce operating expenses and increase efficiency.
Turing People Count uses advanced stereo vision camera technology to detect 3-dimensional space for precise measurements, up to 98% accuracy with bi-directional counting capability.
Turing People Count cameras are easy to deploy at scale, equipped with enterprise grade security and privacy, supports standard POE+ and options for 4G and Wifi
Occupancy Analytics, Insights, and Alerts
Trusted by 1,000+ Enterprise Customers
Thousands of organizations use Turing’s products to improve the safety and security of their workplace. With over 10,000+ devices deployed in the U.S., you’re in good company.
Industry Use Cases
- In a competitive industry, travelers often choose an airport or train station based on the quality of customer service and traffic.
- Less congestion and better customer service can be accomplished through understanding traffic flow.
- People counting can highlight popular regions/ routes within an airport. Therefore, it can help calculate appropriate retail rent value
- People counting can identify the highest and lowest performing retail stores. Based on the information, rent can be adjusted accordingly.
- Current time data from people counting systems can improve; employee efficiency, congestion management, and placement of essential services (Information/help desk)
- Management can identify the effectiveness of new marketing strategies
- Manage traffic flow and decrease wait times in line
- Improve daily operations to optimize efficiency
- Identifying the busiest banking hours allows for optimal resource planning and allocation
- By comparing the number of visitors to the number of operations completed, banks can identify their conversion rate
- Reduce queues and improve customer satisfaction
- Fire code violations, expensive fines, and forced shutdowns will no longer affect your business
- No longer need to guess or hire staff to monitor customer capacity
- Identify the busiest times of day for your business, to gain insight on customer behavior
- Locate high traffic flow areas to optimize the placement of advertisements
- Maximize exposure of special events by placing them in high traffic areas
- Provides current time alerts on capacity numbers which helps optimize staff allocation
- People counting can identify and predict future peak hours. The data provides managers time to prepare accordingly
- Data can identify the best performing casinos in a chain
- Receive reports on the length of time customers spend playing on the casino floor.
- Receive notifications when a person enters the building outside normal business hours.
- Monitor activity within business hours
- According to Work Design Magazine, 76% of US workers believe workplace design is more important than location when deciding on a new job
- According to Gartner, the average employee spends 27 hours annually looking for the best workplace. As a result, costing the average company $31 million in annual productivity.
- According to WX Studio, on average $150 billion worth of corporate real estate is empty
- Optimize space through tracking its daily occupancy. Data can show the most/ least used regions in a building.
- Monitor the current occupancy number of major facilities on campus (Cafeterias, libraries, and gyms)
- Students can safely navigate campus by using people counting data to avoid crowded areas
- Efficiently plan schedules for cleaning faculty to avoid cleaning unused areas
- Staff can effectively monitor facility usage
- People counting provides families assurance that universities are taking precautions around their student's health and safety
- Managing overcrowding will improve the quality of customer service and special events
- Receive alerts and improve customer service by efficiently allocating staff, stocking food, and servicing bathrooms in the current time.
- Analyze customer behavior and forecast data to provide excellent customer service and minimize mistakes
- Measure the occupancy in every service, room, or building
- People counting systems can provide current time occupancy identification in a place of worship.
- Be able to locate every current member in the case of an emergency
- Data provides managers with information regarding store performance and potential areas for improvement
Can calculate the customer conversion rate and lost sales opportunities through analyzing:
- Number of store visitors
- Number of sales completed
- Improve staffing, customer service, and product restocking
- How many more people visited the store after the advertisement was released
- Number of people that passed the store without going in
- Number of visitors that made purchases
- Optimize staff allocation by monitoring the number of visitors within the supermarkets
- Count the number of customers entering and exiting the supermarket
- Provides daily, weekly, monthly, and annual traffic flow reports
- Find the highest and lowest performing supermarkets in a chain. Improve on low performing stores
- Identify your supermarkets peak hours throughout the day
- People counting systems can identify trends in customer activity, and management can plan accordingly
- People counting can reduce queue lengths by providing management with valuable information. This can be used to allocate staff effectively.